Crisis of Faith, vv. 43-50.
- Jesus continued through Samaria to Galilee.
- Other than Nazareth He had a good reception.
- An official had hope that Jesus could heal his son.
- Cana was probably a day’s journey from Capernaum.
- He thought Jesus had to go to Capernaum.
- Jesus tested the father’s faith, vv. 48-50.
- Jews wanted sensational displays.
- The father had to choose to believe Jesus or not.
- A crisis of faith comes at a point of decision in life.
- Trust God or not; believe God or not.
Confirmation of Faith, vv. 51-54.
- Trust in Jesus calmed the father’s heart.
- He spent the night in Cana or close by.
- The servants brought news of instant healing, vv. 52-53.
- Healing matched the exact time with Jesus.
- The whole household came to faith.
- Faith in Jesus is never in vain!
- God does not always answer when or how we want.
- Faith brings peace and strength.
- God confirms our faith: faith builds faith.
- Faith needs to be shared.
Live It Out
What are you struggling with in your life?
- The situation you are dealing with is a crisis of faith: Will you trust God or not?
- Ask God to help and then trust Him to work.