Joseph’s message, Matthew 1:18-25
- Joseph was hurting and needed encouragement.
- The Holy Spirit caused Mary’s pregnancy.
- The child would be: Jesus, Savior, Messiah.
The shepherds’ message, Luke 2:8-14
- The shepherds were unaware of anything special.
- Calmed their fears and announced the birth of the Savior.
- The angels told where to find the child.
Consider the messages of the Christmas angels.
- God speaks to the doubtful (Zechariah).
- God speaks to the faithful (Mary).
- God speaks to the hurting (Joseph).
- God speaks to the unaware (shepherds).
Live It Out
Where are you today: doubtful, faithful, hurting, unaware, other?
- Don’t lose hope. God loves you and wants to speak to you.
- Thank God for the love He showed by coming to earth as Jesus.
- Be more careful to listen for God speaking this week.